Friday 2 May 2014

My Role Week 4 - 28.04.14 - SNN

Group: Becky, Rislene, Sana
Role: Sound

For Becky' group, I had the role of sound technician which I was doing with Nathan. Before we started setting up and doing the rehearsals, I spoke to both Nathan and Sana to talk about the set-up. Nathan had done sound before so he knew what to do and it was Sana's show so I could consult her on what was happening. We decided to use the boom microphones as they were more reliable, rather than risk the clip on mic's. We had a few issues with a buzzing noise however this was quickly sorted out by plugging the XLR cable into a new slot. We did a sound check and adjusted the volume levels and also changed the positioning of the microphones.

During the recordings, I was in charge of the sound levels. I had to turn the off when there was a VT and fade them out at the end. The first recording was stopped half way through however we started a new one in which I resumed this role.

Overall I think that I've performed my roles well. I enjoyed being both in front and behind the camera as I could use different skills and see the production in a different way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment