Monday 3 February 2014

Character Profile and Diary Entry

I kept my character and genre the same although changed the actor and location.

Character profile for Sam Daniels:

General

Name
 Sam Daniels
Age
70
Gender
Male 
Occupation
 Office Worker
Personality
 Quirky, funny
Relationships
Has a girlfriend 
Appearance

Build
 Slim, average build
Voice
 Doesn't sound too old, sings well
Hair Colour
 Grey
Ethnicity
 White British
Other

Dislikes
 Seeing people sad
Likes
 To sing
Habits and Vices
 Sings a lot in public to random people
Music Taste
 Pop songs
Schedule/Free Time
 Works weekdays 
Movie and TV Taste
Any films, not tragedies
Idols and Role Models
/
Humour
Quirky, laughs at little things
Background

Life Events
 Got an office job in 2008
Goals
 To live a happy life
Education
 Well educated, average grades
Nationality
 British
Hopes and Fears
 Hopes to lead a happy life, fear is not living one
Secrets
No secrets


Diary Entry:

Today is the day. The angels have swept down and have taken another soul to embrace in a new life of happiness. Mother is no longer with us. She passed into a new world, peacefully though, a cocktail at her side, the sun shimmering over the ocean waves with the sound of seagulls flying above. Mother loved Spain, I remember when she took me to swim with dolphins, we'd never laughed so much when it bit my foot… She isn't in pain now and she died a happy women in a place true to her heart.

Feelings of loss but also relief. She went in a hot air balloon and saw the sun rise over the Valley of the Kings, she went to America and saw the Hollywood Hills. She made each day count, an endless parade of fond memories. She loved to travel, I remember when she first went to spain, she would sit at the Bar Elsa every evening, watching the moonlight glisten on the dark body of ocean water.

Where do I go from here? Can I exchange one life for another? - If a caterpillar can, why can't I? Mother said she wants me to live in happiness, to never let anyone stop me having fun. She was my inspiration, my heart. Rest in peace mother.

Comment from Becky and Ris:

we loved it it so realistic and feels true very 
loved how you spoke about about feelings and gave rislene shivers and is very simple and very understandable as if people can relate to it.

amazing!!

its so cutely written, feels calm but powerful.love the rhetorical questions thrown in at the end to show the character is confuzzeled


wooooooooooo i want to read more write moreee

No comments:

Post a Comment