Saturday 1 February 2014

Set Design - Bluescreen [2]

For the bluescreen background, we decided to have the blue TV however we thought that it needed something in it. We originally decided to have the SEN logo in it, however we then decided to put a photo in the TV that is associated with the story being told.


I compiled a draft picture of possible background photos. We decided on using the chosen photos apart from the Basildon and Breaking News one. The quality of the Basildon photo wasn't high enough and we changed the style of the breaking news one.


In after effects, I placed in the digital set loop then with the photo in. This looked too plain like this so I put the blue background in (that is featured in our logo) which made it look a lot better.


I then exported the file, 1920 by 1080. One this has done, I tested the background as a loop in a video editor to check that it worked fine. - It was fine for them all apart from the Southbank one which I needed to render an extra frame in After Effects. I then changed this.


All of the backgrounds have the small television screens moving slightly with a stationary image however the breaking news one has the words 'breaking' and 'news' moving, to attract the audiences attention more. The colour red is associated with danger/warning so they would be more inclined to look and find out what the breaking news is. I made the words move in Sony Vegas before exporting it and putting it as an overlay on the digital set in AE.

No comments:

Post a Comment