Monday 3 March 2014

A Working Day Short Script & Video (ORIGINAL)

We were required to write a short conversation script between two characters that we have been writing about. It was to include our main character in some way however not directly. I decided to have two of my main characters colleagues talking about him. I followed the script well however I didn't include the character Paul, and I cut out the singing bit for Sally and put part of the soundtrack at the end. The script is below as Celtx wouldn't load up.

INT: OFFICE BUILDING CORRIDOR - DAY


SALLY
I have a  meeting later on with Sam to see if he's done the preparation for the client meeting.

BEN
Looking forward to it?

SALLY
Oh yeah! Haha, on a serious note I don't mind Sam.

BEN
He's always singing!

SALLY
I know but that's what makes him cute. There's just something about him, he's too sweet!

BEN
Cute? He's half your age.

SALLY
Well… I've been single too long.

BEN
Yeah, you can tell

Sally starts to sing.

SALLY
Half past twelve and I'm watching the late show in my flat all alone, how I hate to spend the evening on my own! Autumn winds blowing outside the window as I look around the room. And it makes me so depressed to see the gloom.

Her friend Paul joins them.

BEN
Okay, it's clear you like him even though you won't admit it so ask him out.

PAUL
You talking about Sam?

SALLY
Oh I don't like him.

Ben
Promise me!

SALLY
Ben stop it!

PAUL
Sally, it's Sam! Of all people!

SALLY
And? He works hard and he's always positive. Anyway, meeting time now.


CUT TO:
Black


For the time I think that I did okay with the script and final video. If I was to be marked on this piece, I would have spent longer on it and would have made it perfect, getting rid of the bad audio quality. I feel the actors did well considering they only had a short bit of script to read and 'fit into' the story. I think you can tell that they aren't genuinely talking to each other however for the time limit we had, I think that this was acceptable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment