Thursday 16 January 2014

SEN Logo Design

We wanted our logo to match in with the designs on our mood-board (see previous post) which were blue/green backgrounds. I found the blue background below on a royalty free background site and thought it looked good, so I decided to use that. I then added the text 'SEN' in Arial Black. I made it black, gave it a bevel and shadow then consulted with my group. I did this on Word as it was a draft.
My group agreed that it looked good however we agreed that the black letters didn't suit it. We then decided to change the colour to a whitish grey, which blends in with the background. This looked a lot better and more professional.

Now that we had agreed on a style, I consulted graphic designer Sam Hill, to produce the final logo in High Definition, 1920 by 1080. After playing around with the shading and bevel, we got a nice professional finish which looks like it could be a proper news company logo.
Now that we had this logo, I thought of using it as a possible background, on the blue-screen however I thought it wouldn't look entirely professional and the letters would be far too big. I then scaled down the text, got rid of the curvature and rotated it slightly. I then moved it into the corner. I thought this looked a lot better as an addition to the main logo. It still sticks with the theme too.

No comments:

Post a Comment