Monday 20 January 2014

Story Ideas - A Working Life

Actor: Harrison Ford
Location: Train Station
Genre: Musical

Title: A Working Life

Poster Idea: A murky train station setting with Harrison Ford leaning against a post, with a bag in his hand. He is brighter than the general area. 'A Working Life' is printed at the top, with 'Life is what you make it' at the bottom. The poster has a retro feel about it.

Logline: Office worker Sam Daniels refuses to let the gloomy city life get to him in this exhilarating musical. Singing, dancing and prancing Sam (Harrison Ford) is always in the chirpy mood, ready to lighten up people's days.

Description of Character: Sam Daniels is a 70 year old male who is an office working in London. Commuting daily from Upminster to Fenchurch Street by train, Sam always arrives early at work and is consistently in a good mood. Sam frequently likes to sing and dance and likes to see other people happy. He lives on his own in a flat and is happy.

Script Extract:
EXT. UPMINSTER TRAIN STATION

SAM is sitting down on his own. It is a dark and cloudy morning. A BUSINESS WOMEN comes and sits next to him, reading a newspaper.


SAM
Cold day isn't it?

The business women glances up and smiles before going back to her paper.

SAM
You know, they say it's supposed to get warmer soon. Maybe higher than 20 degrees.

The business women doesn't respond.

SAM
I watched Grease last night. Me any my girlfriend. You've just gotta love that film; so cheery and uplifting.

The business women looks up, annoyed.

BUSINESS WOMEN
Would you excuse me.

She walks off. Sam follows her, leaving his bag behind.

SAM
Summer loving' had me a blast. Summer lovin', happened so fast.I've met a girl, crazy for me.

Sam's train arrives at the platform.

BUSINESS WOMEN
I've got a boy, cute as can be. Summer days, drifting' away, to uh-oh those summer nights.

Sam pauses and the business women walks off. He gets on the train.

FADE TO BLACK.

EXT. FENCHURCH STREET

Sam gets off the train. He walks out of the station as a business mans walks into him, covering Sam's suit in coffee. He is busy and on the phone. Sam turns around, waiting an apology.

BUSINESS MAN
I'm so sorry.

They both pause as they recognise each other. It is Sam's previous boss.

SAM
Greg?

BUSINESS MAN
I'm so sorry, but I've got to go.

The business man starts to walk off.

SAM
I was cheated by you and I think you know when.

The man pauses. Sam starts to sing out loud.

SAM
So I made up my mind, it must come to an end.

People are starting to stop and look. They see the business man standing with his empty cup, and with Sam covered.

Sam
Look at me now, will I ever learn, I don't know how. 

Sam becomes more dramatic and starts to dance, singing louder.

SAM
But I suddenly loose control, there's a fire within my soul.


The people start to join in.

SAM
Just one look and I can hear a bell ring. One more look and I forget everything.

BUSINESS MAN
Woah-oh.

SAM
Mamma Mia, here I go again.

Sam walks towards him.

SAM
My my, how can I resist you.

No comments:

Post a Comment